Tuesday 23 February 2016

Castiel's 100 WC Week #8

Death of a Soldier
April 22, 1915. The second battle of Ypres had commenced, and it felt as if I would never breath fresh air again. Everywhere we’d flee Mustard Gas just seemed to materialize in massive clouds of thick green fog. Swimming through the mist while simultaneously covering my mouth and nose, I managed to maneuver past the gas as swiftly as a dancer. The fumes cleared and I came face to face to trench warfare. Only then did I realize that I was in a toxic situation, and it was not very likely that I would come out of this alive.

4 comments:

  1. I really like your story. I like all of the different descriptive language you used and how you used it. I also really like how you included the five word prompt. I like the little twist at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a little confused about the mustard gas part. But you start has GREAT detail and that was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really well written. Great variety in sentence beginnings which really helps with the flow of your story. Well done on taking the time to revise and edit your story it really shows in the quality of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the dicriptive words you used and how your story flowed good

    ReplyDelete