Wednesday 2 March 2016

Castiel's 100 Word Challenge Week #9

                                  What Happens When I Try and Save The World, Again

The cries of the civilians echoed through the city as I swooped in to defeat a fifty feet tall, weasel-like superhuman. Man, sometimes I just wished the humans would shut up! It was bad enough that I had to, yet again, save their lives, I really didn't need a crowd of ordinary people cheering me on for every single thing I do.  How would you feel if a band of obnoxious rats cheered every time you tried to do your normal, everyday job, and then screamed when the smallest piece of dust comes floating towards them? Finishing the enemy off in a single blow, I realized that I was done putting up with bystanders watching everything I do, it was time that I destroyed them too.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your story. I think it could be a little cleaner but overall good story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story. But it gets dark at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good story! I think you need a comma after blow, but your story is a really well written with a surprising plot twist at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An original idea for this weeks prompt. I like how you hint at being a superhero but never identify the character as a superhero in words. Great job on using correct punctuation. Check your line "every single thing I did" it should be do instead of did.

    ReplyDelete