Wednesday 11 May 2016

Castiel's 100 Word Challenge Week #17

                                                                      Falling

     The suspending stairwell was all I could see, as it looped around the sun, and back down to a lake, with shimmering water that looked as if a thousand sapphires had replaced it. Temptation pooled inside me, as I took the first step. Pondering how the view may look from the top, I took another step, and another, and another. Soon I was so high it was as if I wasn't even on earth anymore. Abruptly, the stairs broke and soon I was falling. As the ocean got closer, I realized this was the end.
     Gasping, I woke up from my fast paced dream.

2 comments:

  1. I really like all of the descriptive language you used throughout your story such as, abruptly, pondering, 'shimmering water', and 'temptation pooled inside of me'. Although you have an error in your third sentence, you say "pondering what the view my look from the top." And that doesn't make a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't under stand the first sentence of your story. I had to read it a couple of times before I understood what you where meaning. I loved the creativity of the story. Your descriptive language really complimants the story. Great job!

    ReplyDelete